Products | Assessment Tools & Training Packages
Options for Data Entry System
The National Family Preservation Network (NFPN) has always offered an electronic database system for the NCFAS assessment tools. The electronic database was built on a Microsoft Access platform, runs on Windows only, and replicates the hard copy of the rating forms. It’s designed for installation on individual computers with aggregate data exported to Excel. It is included with purchase of a NCFAS tool/training package and is accessed through digital download. The Access database will continue to be available with purchase of an assessment tool, if a customer requests it. However, no technical support will be available, and the Access database is not recommended for networked systems.
NFPN is now offering a web database that is faster, more user-friendly, and much more comprehensive than the current database. The web database developer, Integrated Imaging, worked with NFPN to design the database specifically for use with the NCFAS assessment tools (NCFAS-G, NCFAS-G+R, Trauma/Post Trauma Well-Being). The database includes the following features to meet the needs of workers:
- Accessible through the internet
- Unique identifier in order to easily track families
- Demographics on caregivers and children (age, gender, race, ethnicity, living situation at case opening/closure, reasons for referral, etc.)
- Quick access to scale definitions to assist in completing ratings
- Indicators/graphs to inform workers of status of completion of ratings on assigned families
- Case plan form that guides the worker in developing goals and services
- Immediate access to reports on progress of any family or all families
- Ability to print/save data and reports or export to Excel
The following features meet the needs of supervisors and administrators
- Unique family code to ensure confidentiality
- Ability to track each worker’s progress with families
- Requirement for 100% entry of opening/closing ratings (no missing ratings)
- Reporting features on both incomplete and completed cases that show the number and the percent of families at each domain, percent of families that are at baseline/above, percent of families with problem ratings (mild, moderate, serious)
- Immediate access to reports and status of completion of ratings on families
- Conversion of reports to graphs for visuals
- Customizable to meet additional needs of an agency
The web database is available, for an annual fee, with purchase of an assessment tool (English versions only). The fee, paid to the developer, will include technical assistance and other support for use.
For additional information and price quotes, contact Priscilla Martens, Executive Director, email@example.com, 888-498-9047.