Advanced Fatherhood Training Curriculum
The Advanced Fatherhood Training Curriculum was developed in response to feedback from practitioners asking how to engage fathers, especially when they are resistant or reluctant to get involved with their children. This curriculum focuses on the skills needed to engage fathers and best practice in working with fathers.
The Advanced Fatherhood Training Curriculum package contains:
33-page manual featuring
- Differences in fathers' and mothers' communication and parenting styles
- Strategies for overcoming obstacles to father involvement
- Helpful hints when engaging fathers
- Case examples identifying specific skills to use to engage fathers
- Section for administrators on agency policies, competency levels, and research findings that promote father-friendly practice
33-minute video on best practice featuring
- Administrators' perspectives on creating a father-friendly agency
- Success stories from practitioners on engaging and involving fathers in their children's lives
- Insights from fathers on how they became engaged and involved with their children
- Essays from school-age children on what their father means to them
NFPN recommends that training on the Advance Fatherhood Training Curriculum be conducted in small groups to allow ample time for reflection and discussion. A recommended format for training is included. The Advance Fatherhood Training Curriculum is intended for use following training on NFPN's Basic Fatherhood Training Curriculum.
Request a price quote for the Advanced Fatherhood Training Curriculum Package